Code Coverage data structure are not populated with latest cross toolchain in embedded devices.

Hello GCC Help Team,

As in the embedded platforms where we are not having any filesystem, to get
the code coverage we need to break the gcov_do_dump() function from
libgcov-driver.c, in order to get the code coverage data from gcov_close()
function from gcov-io.c before it releases buffer from debugger console.

dump binary memory start_address end_address

This method will dump the code coverage data on the host side instead of
embedded devices side. With toolchains having GCC versions before 5.4,
those we are getting the code coverage data but with newer toolchains
consisting of the latest GCC version doesn't get the code coverage
structures get populated.

Same problem reference link is given here.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded/+bug/1694644

Please provide any feedback on the same.

Regards

--
*Suneet Kumar Saini*
Contact Number & WhatsApp: +60-1124257468