Re: How to check what underlying commands are called by gcc?

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 3:10 PM Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 at 20:40, Peng Yu wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 2:22 PM Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > > It would probably be possible, but it would not be practical (as
> mentioned, not all systems that GCC runs on have a good shell). The GCC
> drivers do a lot more than just launch other processes, so "shell scripts
> are good for launching other processes" isn't a good enough reason to do
> it. Also "shell scripts are easier to maintain" is subjective,
> >
> > This is a general conclusion from the first principle. As long as the
> > purpose is to glue things, shell should be by definition better (given
> > the misconceptions that need to avoided when using shell).
>
> You are assuming its purpose is just "to glue things".

No. That is not my assumption. I am saying for the part that is suitable
for gluing, a shell is better used. For the part that is not suitable for
gluing, it can stay in C.

It does

--
Regards,