Re: help with -finstrument-functions

* Akshit Sharma via Gcc-help <gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx> [2021-04-04 10:30]:
> I am trying to profile the program with gcc. I am inserting the data into
> an array which is later used to generate a file.
>
> I am having a problem using template class (std::atomic<int>). Program is
> multithreaded. So, I need to use atomics.

Depending on how you manage your threads, you might be able to avoid
atomics in __cyg_profile_func_* by using thread-local variables.

E.g. collect all data per-thread in thread-local variables. Then disable
profiling (you can't disable the calls to __cyg_profile_func_*, but you
can exit immediately at the top of the function if a flag is set), and
copy the data to global storage. This can work if you have control over
all your threads.

Hope this helps you.
Thomas