Re: Need suggestion for using intypes.h features in centos5 gcc 4.1.2 compiler version.

On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 at 15:47, Kannuswamy, Nanthakumar wrote:

> Hello,
> Hope doing great. I mimic the production code here and would like to know the reason why gcc 8.2 is not throwing any warnings.

This has nothing to do with inttypes.h, so it would have been helpful
to change the subject line for this new topic.

Your code has undefined behaviour. The compiler cannot detect all
forms of undefined behaviour at compile time.

> We provided -Wall and -Wextra. Please let me know the right flag to show the warning during compilation time.

There is no option that will give you a warning for this code at
compile time, sorry.