Re: Re: gcc compiler options according to visual studio warning level /W3

On Mon, 2021-03-29 at 18:01 +0200, Markus Forrer via Gcc-help wrote:
> One possibility is to try through the flags until I get the same
> warnings in Visual Studio and gcc. But that is a lot of work. So here
> is the question if there is a list which gcc warnings correspond to
> which Visual Studio warnings.

Not only does no such list exist, but as Jonathan said there's no
equivalence so such a list is impossible to create.

There are warnings that are only generated by Visual Studio and won't
be generated by GCC.  There are warnings that are generated only by GCC
and won't be generated by Visual Studio.  There are warnings that are
generated by both but may fire on slightly different code.