RE: Questions and help

> I am a French PhD student who works with dSPACE. This board uses GCC 3.3.5 compiler.

Is that the same dSPACE GCC described here?

https://www.dspace.com/en/pub/home/products/sw/impsw/compilers.cfm#179_25315

GCC 3.3.5 is really quite old. The manual for GCC 3.3.6 (https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.3.6/gcc/) is copyright 2003. If dSPACE is really using that old a GCC, that's rather worrying for automotive applications, because GCC 3.x lacks the -fstack-protector family of options, and hence can't compile with stack buffer overflow protection. So you would not be working with a compiler that allowed basic anti-hacking protections, which is not what's required for automotive work.

You might do better to contact dSPACE, tell them you’re using their boards in a doctorate project, and asking which compilers you should use.

--
John Dallman

Siemens Industry Software Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 3476850.
Registered office: Faraday House, Sir William Siemens Square, Frimley, Surrey, GU16 8QD.