Re: Failure to optimize?

* ☂Josh Chia (謝任中):

> If I use "static thread_local int cursor = 0;" then cursor is
> thread-local and such a race should be impossible, but the generated
> code for bar1() still has a branch.

The GNU toolchain supports access to thread-local storage from other
threads as an extension (subject to some constraints, e.g., TLS storage
of other threads is gone after fork).  So the optimization still
wouldn't be valid.

Thanks,
Florian
--
Red Hat GmbH, https://de.redhat.com/ , Registered seat: Grasbrunn,
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Brian Klemm, Laurie Krebs, Michael O'Neill