Re: Strange exception handling behaviour with dlopen()

I'm sorry, you have the right to your opinion, but I disagree, and so do many of the people on the ISO standards committee for the language, as do many people doing safety critical and mission critical work. While the behavior of the compiler generated code is specified in the case of a throw in a constructor, the problem is that the compiler has no way to understand the user generated code in the destructor, and thus can take incorrect action. Several software architecture standards codify two-phase construction and destruction for precisely that reason.