Re: Disabling ASLR with GCC 8.3.0 on WIndows

 Am Samstag, 31. Oktober 2020, 13:06:22 MEZ hat Kacvinsky, Tom <tom.kacvinsky@xxxxxxxxxx> Folgendes geschrieben:

> Hi,

Hello

> I am on Windows, so I don't have the two step process of disabling ASLR in the kernel and then providing the right gcc flags.
> Is there a way of disabling ASLR on Windows with GCC 8.3.0 (this is with a custom build of GCC 8.3.0 using the mingw-w64
> tool chain).  If this is the wrong list for this question, I apologize.  But if it is ther right list, what do you need from me?  If it
> is the wrong list, I can take it to the mingw-w64 list.

So far ASLR is by default off in executables compiled with mingw-w64 gcc.
So unless you enabled it with -Wl,--dynamicbase, or you're using a modified ld
where the default was changed, ASLR is already disabled.

Though I'm curious why you need to disable ASLR if it is really enabled.

Hannes