Re: GNU fortran compiler

On 8/19/20 9:36 PM, leomane1@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Sir:I would like to use the GNU fortran compiler. I would like to know
> if it comes with:
> 1. A developer enviroment.2. Callable libraries such as BLAS.
> Also, is there site where I can chat, so that I can properly install
> the application on my computer.
> Thank you.Jim Brown

All these questions are generally handled by your operating system
vendor who most likely provides all that you need already.

However, in general, the GNU Compiler Collection is available freely
in source code form and you are perfectly fine to download it and to
then compile it from source.  This is non-trivial for most people. It
is non-trivial even for people who have done this before.

All of the usual BLAS functions are available however they are separate
and not provided within the GNU Compiler Collection.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC