Re: Is realloc(3) permitted to fail when shrinking a block?

Thank you for your reply.

>If the heap's corrupt, yes, it can fail...
Could you please explain that in more detail?
What confuses me is that how can it fails to shrink memory while there
is enough memory pointed by the input argument of realloc(3) function
(
i.e. ptr,  here is the declaration of realloc(3):void *realloc(void
*ptr, size_t size);
) at least.