Re: Adding p1004 for C++20 -- constexpr std::vector

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 at 02:41, Josh Marshall via Gcc-help
<gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm working on a project to implement a Hidden Markov Model and move
> as much of it to compile time as possible.  The last part that is
> blocking me is constexpr vector support.  What exactly might I be
> getting myself into if I were to add this support?

Adding the _GLIBCXX20_CONSTEXPR macro to every member function of
std::vector, writing tests, seeing what breaks, and refactoring the
code to make it work correctly.

The hardest part is probably writing all the tests, to ensure that
every member function works as part of a constant expression.

There are also some legal prerequisites for contributing non-trivial
patches to GCC, see https://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html#legal for more
information.