Re: GCC Help needed

On Sat, 4 Jul 2020 at 21:41, Shrivani . <Shrivani@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Team
>
> The following std::cout results in termination of the program.
>
> std::stringstream string_1, string_2;
> std::cout<<string_1.str()<< int_1<<" "<<string_2.str()<<std::endl;

Similar code works for everybody else, so you must be doing something
wrong (maybe you have a bug elsewhere in your program which is
corrupting the program's memory or the I/O streams). You didn't show a
complete example though, so we have no idea what the rest of your
program does.

I suggest you try the steps recommended before reporting a bug:

"Before reporting that GCC compiles your code incorrectly, compile it
with gcc -Wall -Wextra and see whether this shows anything wrong with
your code. Similarly, if compiling with -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv
-fno-aggressive-loop-optimizations makes a difference, or if compiling
with -fsanitize=undefined produces any run-time errors, then your code
is probably not correct."

You could also try -fsanitize=address or valgrind to check for memory
errors (but don't use valgrind on code compiled with
-fsanitize=address, use one at a time).