Re: trouble with building MinGW-w64 windows-hosted toolchain using Linux

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 1:40 AM <i.nixman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2020-05-14 21:09, Jim Wilson wrote:
> > On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 5:26 AM <i.nixman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>            if (ecx & bit_AVX512VNNI)
> >>                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >>                      bit_AVX512VBMI
> >
> > These bit_* macros are in cpuid.h.  Maybe you have more than one copy
> > of this file, and are accidentally using an older version than the one
> > in the gcc source tree?
>
> even if this is the case, I have not copied any files to the gcc source
> tree.

cpuid.h is a user header file.  gcc contains a copy, and other
packages may contain a copy too.  This file gets copied into the
install tree.  So if you already have an install tree, and already
have header files in it, then you may already have a cpuid.h file from
somewhere else that may be older than the one in the gcc source tree.
Or maybe you have one in the install tree from an older gcc version
that lacks features required by the current gcc sources.  Normally gcc
will take cpuid.h from the gcc source tree, but if you add -I or
-isystem options to $CC, then that may confuse the build process and
it may use a cpuid.h file from your install tree instead of the one in
the gcc source tree.

Jim