Re: Help: static code anaylis

On 13/05/2020 19:51, Kunal Chauhan via Gcc-help wrote:
I have am not able to compile my binary,
Will still can i do some static ayalysis ?

You can certainly get /some/ useful results even without generating a finished binary. You need to be able to compile the files you want to check, however.

As well as using warnings (-Wall -Wextra is a reasonable start, but you should pick more based on the code in question - read through the list in the gcc manual), make sure you enable optimisation of at least -O1, preferably -O2. The compiler will then do more analysis, and can give more useful warnings.

If you can't get enough from gcc, you can also try clang's tools - they can be better in some ways. (I hope that is not considered blasphemy on this list!) Beyond that, there are a variety of tools available - but they are mostly very niche, very expensive, or very outdated.