Re: How to customize GCC builtin search paths

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 9:06 AM William Tambe <tambewilliam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I can hardly find examples on how to use startfile_prefixes. Currently
> when running gcc as follow:
> arch-elf-gcc -v test.c
>
> I get the following excerpt showing how gcc looks for includes:

You have the source code.  You can find a lot of info by using grep to
search for obvious things, like /usr/include for instance, and then
follow the code to see where it takes you.

But include files are handled differently than startfiles.  This is a
different question than the previous one.  See cppdefault.c.  It isn't
a good idea to try to change this.  Stuff will break.  See also
include_prefixes in gcc.c.

Jim