Re: GCC modules branch CMI mapping

Holy mother of God I cannot believe I'm so dumb. The compiler exactly told
me the issue, and I even though about it, but I always thought it couldn't
be the error and I looked for something more complex. Thank you a lot, it
has been two days I was going crazy after this error. I have the feeling
I'll have to ask a lot of other things, but for now it's all. Thanks again!

Il Ven 3 Apr 2020, 13:06 Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:

> On Fri, 3 Apr 2020 at 07:34, Lapo Falcone via Gcc-help
> <gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hello, this is the link to this exact question on Reddit
> > <
> https://www.reddit.com/r/gcc/comments/ftm75d/gcc_modules_branch_cmi_mapping/
> >(in
> > the GCC subreddit). They told me to ask to this email, so I'll try:

> > Hello, I've built the module branch of GCC from source. I got the source
> > via: git clone --branch devel/c++-modules git://gcc.gnu.org/git/gcc.git
> >  SRCDIR
> >
> > All seems to work, but I cannot use the feature that was the reason why I
> > opted for this experimental version: C++20 modules.
> >
> > I created a very simple project, where I have a module interface (module1
> >  in module1.cc) and a main (in Main.cpp). I'm able to compile the module
> > alone with the line: g++ -fmodules-ts module1.cc -c. It creates a
> > module1.o file
> > and a gcm.cache folder, and inside it a module1.gcm file.
> >
> > When I try to compile the Main.cpp with g++ -fmodules-ts Main.cpp things
> > stop working, and I get these errors:
> >
> > module: error: failed to read compiled module: No such file or directory
> > module: note: compiled module file is 'gcm.cache/module.gcm'
>
> Shouldn't that be module1.gcm not module.gcm?
>
> Are you sure you got the module name right in Main.cpp? It looks to me
> like you've created a module called "module1" and then said "import
> module;"

Lapo