Re: make compiled a lot of programs, but not gcc

On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 at 18:25, Marco Sulla
<gnu.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, but I do not want to install it. I would use it to **recompile*
> again gcc 9.2 and then install it.

Then you need to install it somewhere. You can use --prefix=/tmp/gcc
and remove that directory after you're finished with it if you want.

But why do you want to do that? GCC already does a 3-stage bootstrap
where the last stage (the one that gets installed) is built by itself.
So building it *again* is redundant.

> In theory the executable should exists, even if I have not installed
> the build on the machine.

No, your theory is wrong.

> PS: what about the warnings for zlib and libffi?

You don't need them for the default set of languages, see the other
reply you got to your mail.