Re: How to get feedback for a submitted PATCH

On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 at 19:39, Stefan Franke <stefan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi there!
>

> I submitted a PATCH to the gcc-patches@xxxxxxxxxxx
>

> How long do you usually wait to get some feedback? Or did I do something
> wrong and will never get any feedback?

Patch submissions do sometimes get missed. You should ping it if it's
fallen through the cracks, see "Pinging patches" at
https://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html

We're currently in stage 4 (see <https://gcc.gnu.org/develop.html>)
which means only changes that fix regressions should be made. Your
patch doesn't include a test or changelog entry or details on how it
was tested (see <https://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html#patches>) so it's
possible that even if people have looked at it, they've decided not to
spend time on it right now.

Please do persist, your patch is definitely welcome, it's just that it
might have to wait until after GCC 10.1 is released to commit it.
Alternatively, if it's fixing a regression (i.e. a bug that wasn't
present in older releases) then please report it t bugzilla with a
testcase showing the bug, and that will make the patch eligible to be
committed now.