null reference function pointer check on __register_frame_info() within frame_dummy() in crtstuff.c

Is there a way to prevent GCC from generating null reference function pointers ?

In fact, the target to which I ported GCC always generate
position-independent-code; so it is not always loaded at the address
specified in the ELF header, and that is where I run into issues with
the way GCC implement null reference function pointers.

For example in crtstuff.c, there is a null reference function pointer
check on __register_frame_info() within frame_dummy(); if the
executable is not loaded at the address specified in the ELF header,
the check on __register_frame_info() is never null when it is supposed
to be null.

Is there a way to prevent GCC from generating null reference function pointers ?