Re: GNU C for Windows and blind user!

Hello everyone.

On May 10, I sent an e-mail to this site and received an answer from Philip Bennefall. First, I want to thank him for the answer.

At that time, I tried MinGW on Windows 8.1 that never worked.

In august, I moved to Windows 10 and tried to install MinGW-w64 from sourceforge as suggested.

I had problems at the beginning because gcc was unable to find the dll `libwinpthread-1.dll'.

I installed it again a week later and found that it require that the path of  the compiler should be included in the `path' environment variable.

Now, it works fine.

It seems that the command mode started by Win+R and calling `cmd' works better on W10 than W8.1

I was able to install both `sed' and `Notepad++' on my system.

Also, `gdb' is also on the `gcc' package.

I send this e-mail as a testimony for other blind people that still hesitate to program on computers.

I would like to mention that compilers will not accept code edited by editors with "rich text format" such as Wordpad.

One should rather use plain text editors such as Notepad or Notepad++. Notepad is easy to use for blind people.

I plan to install the Ubuntu version of Linux on my system in dual boot.

For Linux too, blind people require a voice synthesis.

I know that Orca exists but I really dislike the voice.

I heard about the Pico voices and Voxygen vooices.

I need a french, english and finnish voice since I have a finnish e-mail friend.

Best regards.

Pierre

--
/Pierre Gaumond/