Re: libssp_nonshared license problem

On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 at 09:08, yao zhuang <secularbird.eagle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello
>
> We want to use -fstack-protector to protect our program, but when adding
> this flag, gcc will link libssp_nonshared which is a static library, not a
> runtime library.

I think you are confusing "runtime library" and "dynamic library".

> Does It means that if we want to using -fstack-protector,
> we need to follow gplv3, not gplv3-with-runtime-exception? Is this correct?

No, that's entirely incorrect.

The runtime exception doesn't distinguish between static linking and
dynamic linking, and neither does the runtime exception, as clearly
stated in its FAQ:
"neither the GPL nor the GCC Runtime Library Exception distinguish
between static linking, dynamic linking, and other methods for
combining code in their conditions. The same permissions are available
to you, under the same terms, no matter which method you use."
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gcc-exception-3.1-faq.html