Re: Default debug format

The problem is, that only "-gxcoff" creates proper (with AIX debugger
dbx) debuggable binaries.

How can I tell the gcc (i.e while building the gcc itself) that it
should use xcoff as the default? I havent found anything working about it.
I think that
#define DEFAULT_GDB_EXTENSIONS 0
is what you want here.  But I also think that it would be wiser to
just use gdb instead of turning the extensions off.

ah thats what I tried to find.

I cannot use gdb on that machines, I have to stick with 'dbx'.
(I always get into "During startup program terminated with signal SIGKILL, Killed.", even if I build the newest gdb by myself too)

Thank you