Compilation of large random forest models with g++

Hello,

I would like to compile a random forest model with g++.
The model has a depth of 20, with 25 trees (for the code, see
https://github.com/myay/RF).
The code of the model is generated such that the code of every tree is
inserted subsequently, thus we have a file with around 500000 lines of code.
The model however cannot be compiled with any of the optimizations enabled
(-O3, O2, etc.), as the compilation does not terminate and the system may
become unresponsive because the ram is filled by the compilation.
Without the optimizations flag, the compilation succeeds normally.
Does anyone know why the optimizations flag cannot be used in this case ?

Best,
Mikail