GNU C for Windows and blind user!

Hello!
In the 1990's years, I was the one in the computer center of the University of Montreal who compiled and installed gcc on a Unix system. I downloaded it from the MIT using the ftp program of Unix. I first compiled it with the default C compiler and compiled further versions with the former version. However, I became blind around 2003 and have more problem to work on a computer.
I'm now on Windows 8.1 and the voice synthesis JAWS 16.
I plan to move to Windows 10 with JAWS 2019 at the beginning of september.
I followed a lesson (or even more) on the OpenClassrooms site about the C language to remind me some syntaxes that I didn't remember too much Do you think that I can download and install successfully a binary version of gcc, including the preprocessor, the compiler, all libraries, and the header files?
I would need to know where it will be installed (folders?) on my computer.
Also where or how do I put my C source codes in order that gcc will retreive them? Where the gcc compiler will put the binary code of the compilation? What about the ".o" files and the final link giving the full binary?
I don't know if I will see my compiling errors on the screen.
I also don't know if I will see the results of my print's on the screen as well as if I will know that my program is waiting for an input. I know that the main folder on Windows is C:\User (or Users, with a S) followed by my name:
C:\User\Pierre\...
One problem is that some folders have a french name since I have installed a french version of Windows.
Can you help me somehow?
Best regards.
Pierre
--
pierre Gaumond
Envoyé de mon Intel I7 | Sent from my Intel I7