RE: _Float16 support

Hi Segher,

> Hi!
>
> On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 04:10:44PM +0000, Tamar Christina wrote:
> > The majority of the targets turn on -pedantic
>
> I'm not sure what exactly you mean here?
>
> And yes, if someone turned on -pedantic and you want it off, you need to
> turn it off; these warnings are exactly what the option is meant for.

Well, the error is specifically saying _Float16 is not ISO C. Which is fair but it also gives the impression it is part of *some* C standard.
However looking at the implementation the Warning/Error is emitted regardless of what C standard or gnu extension you use.

If that is the intended effect then so be it, I'll happy switch off -pedantic. However I found the error quite misleading.
Essentially I was after if there was a way to keep pedantic and still use _Float16. But the answer to that seems to be no.

Kind regards,
Tamar