Re: Self-consistent executable

On 2019-04-02 15:05 +0200, Giorgio Zavarise wrote:
> HI,
>
> I have a problem with the fortran program Feappv, from professor Bob Taylor,
> Berkeley.
> I have downloaded the source, compiled it and generated the executable which
> works fine on my MAC.

At first, please make sure your compiler is GCC.  On Macs "gcc" is normally an
alias of "clang".  Discussion about clang should go to cfe-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

> However, when I give it to my students, on their MAC the program does not
> work, since he is not able to find some libraries. I think such libraries
> belong either to:
> The GCC compiler suite;
> The Xcode program
> The X11 interface

On Linux -static works.  But I don't have enough money to buy a Mac so I don't
know if it also applys on Mac.

And, AFAIK Mac do not have a X11 server installed by default.  So even if the
X11 client libraries are statically linked, your students will still need to
install the X11 server.
--
Xi Ruoyao <xry111@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>