Re: Freestanding implementation and type_traits

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 08:45, Ludovic Lagouardette
<lagouardette.ludovic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It disturbed me for a few months now, but G++ doesn't provide type_traits when
> built without libstdc++ (which happens when you build for embedded or kernel
> development), but it should normally be included in any form of freestanding
> C++ implementation from C++11 onwards:
>
> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2013/n3690.pdf#page=434&zoom=auto,-48,688
>
> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2014/n4296.pdf#page=464&zoom=auto,-63,722
>
> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2017/n4713.pdf#page=426&zoom=auto,-71,773
>
> Why is it not available ?
>
> Should this be considered a bug ?

No. Libstdc++ supports a freestanding mode, so you need to build and
install it that way to get a Freestanding C++ implementation.

If you don't build libstdc++ at all then you don't get any C++ library
at all, not hosted, not freestanding.

The relevant configure option is --disable-hosted-libstdcxx