Re: Recursive SIGSEGV question

On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 at 23:47, Jonny Grant wrote:
> I did wonder, as -fsanitize=address seems to inhibit the core dump that
> is otherwise created by the abort() that appears to be called - is that
> a known issue?

Sorry for not thinking of this before you filed the bug report, but as
I said there, the problem is probably not Asan but your settings.
Check what ulimit -a shows for the max core file size, see what
'sysctl -a | grep kernel.core' shows and if appropriate check the
MaxCrashReportsSize in /etc/abrt/abrt.conf

So Asan isn't suppressing the core file, it's just making the address
space larger (for the shadow memory it uses to track heap usage) and
that causes a much larger core file, which your system then doesn't
dump.