Re: visual version of C++

Let's keep Brain in recipents (for now) since we don't know if he has
subscribed.

On 2019-03-20 19:21 +0100, Manfred wrote:
> This is not the right place to ask this kind of question.
>
> GCC is purely a compiler with a standard library as described in the C++
> standard.

ISO/IEC 14882 doesn't have a word about GUI (even while the commitee keeps
grabing new language features from other languages :)

> What you are looking for is a GUI library/toolkit, some examples are Qt,
> Gtk, WxWidgets etc. all of which are outside the scope of GCC.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_widget_toolkits

I think the OP may need Qt because there is a Qt Creator.

> On 3/20/19 5:07 PM, Brian Sargent wrote:
> > Do you have a version of C++ that is visual with forms, command buttons and
> > all that, and can draw geometric shapes?  I work as a geophysicist and have
> > done programming in Fortran then C then C++ for several years.  I have done
> > some Visual Basic as well as it has controls to access drives, directories
> > and and lists of files.
> >
> > Is there a version of C++ that has this visual nature.  I am not an expert
> > programmer, its just a tool I sometimes need.
> >
> > It seems Microsoft's Visual Studio supports this functionality in C# and I
> > don't want to go there.  I want to stay with C and C++ code.
>
> If you are targeting Windows, Microsoft's Visual Studio is a good tool
> for the task. It can support GUI development for C++ too.

But I think mixing up C++ and .NET (so called "managed C++" or "C++/CLI") is
evil.  I'd rather use C# (if I have to develop a GUI on Windoge).
--
Xi Ruoyao <xry111@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>