Re: compiling a simple "hello world example" Microchip PIC32 ( march is 24ks) fails...

I just did.

I've compiled separate binutils for the target and then also compiled gcc.

Result runs fine without parameters. But as soon as I give it to compile even trivial program, it chokes with the message like:

"as: unrecognised option -EB"

It shows that this gcc always calls system AS/AR/LD, no mater what I do or how I compile it.

Is there any special trick for this ?

I tired using configure option AS_FOR_TARGET,AS etc.

With no change in end result...