Re: How to include "wide int" in code

colinb2 . wrote on 07/11/2018 02:01 PM:
Thanks to the two quick responders: I wasn't anticipating such immediate help.

I've looked in gccint.pdf, and I was hoping to find but couldn't something like:
#include <stdlib.h>

If it helps, "wide int" is used in function "choose_multiplier" in expmed.c
which is located here for example: gcc-7.3.0/gcc/expmed.c

I've only ever managed to use "wide int" by making GCC and inserting a "hook"
in "choose_multiplier" which runs some tests and benchmarks comparing using
"wide int" with using fixed width integers "unsigned HOST_WIDE_INT".
I was hoping there was an easier way to do it!

I think it's used mostly internally in the "GCC Middle and Back End API":
https://dmalcolm.fedorapeople.org/gcc/2013-08-28/doxygen/html/hwint_8h.html#a9b54603cebba29f53386077197b94da2

The function names mostly end with "_hwi".