Re: For help:Unexpected fail about testsuite of GCC

Hello CL,

[as said, I'm new to the gcc testsuite, much like you, so take my answer with grain of salt, or so to say :-)]

In your original posting you had this failing example:
'FAIL: g++.dg/pr80481.C  -std=gnu++14  scan-assembler-not vmovaps'

The test source file pr80481.C is in the source directory under:
  $ find ../gcc_trunk/ -iname "pr80481.C" -print
  ../gcc_trunk/gcc/testsuite/g++.dg/pr80481.C
and is handled by the make-target "check-c++" (see the log file of "make -k check"; you have to save that log file for reference & searching...).

So, now in the next step you have to make the following test that will
test just the "check-c++" category of the tests but with the additional
flags "RUNTESTFLAGS="-v -v" as it will give more verbosity in the log file:
  make -k check-c++ RUNTESTFLAGS="-v -v"
And again redirect the output into a log file for analysis.

It takes a long time (maybe one better should use the make -j
to use parallelization, ie. using all CPU cores for the tests).

The log file will give indication under which conditions that test fails.

I'm running this test myself now, it has not finished yet.
Here, you can find additional info (see under the section "Increase the verbosity":
https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Testing_GCC

Cheers,
Uenal