Re: gcc stack protector

Disabling the stack protection will only postpone the problems. You have to fix the errors in your code.

On 19/04/2018 10:09, Debasis Das wrote:
Hi,
    For my scientific calculation, I use a software which was built on c++
platform. But When I run my code I see, after some time the calculation is
stopped. But the same code is running fine on other Ubuntu machine. In my
case, it is also showing stack smashing detected when the code is stopped
automatically. In Google, I found out that it is happening due to stack
overflow and the solution is to disable the stack protector by
-fno-stack-protector and -fno-stack-protector-all. But I can't understand
how to disable it from the terminal. Please help.