Re[4]: Using -Wall and -Woverloaded-virtual together changes the behaviour of the code

On Fri, 23 Mar 2018, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
>  Yet they definitely do. I may not have a SSCCE of it, but building 4
> versions of the same object file/executable that differ only in the warning
> options used:
>
> 1. Both -Wall and -Woverloaded-virtual
> 2. Only -Wall
> 3. Only -Woverloaded-virtual
> 4. Neither

Since -Wall enables many individual warning options (you can see the list
by supplying -Wall -Q --help=warnings on gcc command line), to investigate
further you can try to find a minimal subset of -Wall that still exhibits
the issue.

>  Would you have any idea about how could this be explained?

By all indications this is an unusual compiler bug. Please file a report
in GCC Bugzilla if you can, even if the testcase has a large line count.

Hope that helps.
Alexander