Re: signed/unsigned integer conversion for right shift seems

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 7:27 PM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 6 February 2018 at 18:23, Peter T. Breuer <ptb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> "Also sprach Jonathan Wakely:"
>>
>> (attempt to apply no say = must not ignored for the purposes of a
>> communicative interaction with the humanZ here ...)

>>> See the C standard.
>>
>> Where specifically?  I am now looking at the draft standard for
>> ISO-whatever at
>>
>>   http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n1256.pdf
>
> The specification of each operator of course!
>
> You've been pointed to them multiple times now, 6.5.5, and 6.5.6, and
> 6.5.7, and so on.
>
> Are you trolling or just stubborn and unable to accept the help you asked for?
>
> Maybe this will help:
> http://en.cppreference.com/w/c/language/conversion#Usual_arithmetic_conversions
> And specifically:
> http://en.cppreference.com/w/c/language/operator_arithmetic#Shift_operators
>
> But feel free to shift the goalposts again and insist that somebody
> proves the correctness of those pages, or some other way to move the
> burden of proof from your mistaken interpretation to everybody else.

@Peter Breuer: it seems that you are not very knowledgeable about the
internals of the C language.  Hence, I would like to invite you to
study this very good resource on the internals of the C language:
http://publications.gbdirect.co.uk/c_book/.

--
Best regards,
Tadeus