Re: GNU OSC (Object Size Checking)

On 6 February 2018 at 00:34, Yuchen Zhou (yuczhou) wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Just to be sure I am clear on this when you said it supports both languages:
>
> I thought OSC is for C language only since it's listed under "C-Extensions":
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/C-Extensions.html#C-Extensions

Which says "These extensions are available in C and Objective-C. Most
of them are also available in C++."

> As examples, does OSC support multi inheritance, templates, iterator, copy constructor, member initializer, etc. as well as C++11/14 features such as map, set, etc. which all involve object sizes in some way?

What do you mean "support" those features?

The object size checking functions work exactly the same in C++. How
would it support std::map? What have iterators or copy constructors
got to do with it?