Re: run a single libgo test

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 10:02 AM, Prathamesh Kulkarni
<prathamesh.kulkarni@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> Could someone point me how to run a single libgo test using make check ?
> I want to try running database/sql test to measure time it takes to run.
> It frequently keeps getting timed out on our aarch32 validation boxes.

cd into TARGET/libgo and run `make database/sql/check`.  Or, more
efficiently, run `make GOTESTFLAGS=--keep database/sql/check`; that
will give you a gotestNNN directory, and an executable
gotestNNN/test/a.out.  You can set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
TARGET/libgo/.libs and run `a.out --test.short` to run the test
without rebuilding it each time.

> Also it seems in libgo/go/runtime/crash_cgo_test.go,
> in function TestCgoCallbackGC also shows similar random failures.
> I've noticed this code fragment:
>                 case runtime.GOOS == "linux" && runtime.GOARCH == "arm":
>                         t.Skip("too slow for arm builders")
>
> Should I add a similar case to skip database/sql test on arm builders ?
> Sorry if this sounds silly, I don't understand golang much.

That check is for the Go builders that produce the data at
https://build.golang.org, which are fairly underpowered VMs.  If you
are seeing that test time out on your test machine, then it may be
appropriate to skip it.  Random failures other than timeouts may
indicate a real problem.

Ian