Re: Program that segfaults with-Ofast

On 03.01.2018 14:59, Andrew Haley wrote:
On 03/01/18 12:28, Christer Solskogen wrote:
... but works fine with O2.
How can I debug that?

In GDB.

It does not with happen on 6.3.0, but it does with 7.2.0. Or.. say in
another way: It works in Raspbian, but not in Arch Linux ARM. And it's
quite easy to make the assumption that the compiler is to blame (it
might not be!)

So the question is... How can I debug it?

Run it in GDB, and look at where the segfault happens.  It's probably
not a compiler bug.  Come back when you have more info.

Okay, so it won't mess up how the code is presented in GDB if it is compiled with the different optimizations? Adding -g should be enough?

Just to be clear; I do not think it is compiler bug either. It's just that I "blame" the compiler when it seems to not be triggered on a older compiler. There's no question in my mind that the real problem is the code.

--
chs