Re: Unable to load libgnat-4.4 in runtime

On Mon, 2017-11-27 at 09:36 +0100, Didier Kryn wrote:
> Le 24/11/2017 à 21:04, Marco Bevi a écrit :
> > Dear,
> >
> > I create an ADA dynamic library. I want to use it in a C context
> > and load
> > the library throught dlopen function, but is raised an error about
> > libgnat-4.4.so that is no dlopen()ed.
> > May i ask why that library, libgnat-4.4.so, is compiled with the
> > option -z
> > nodlopen? Is a bug?
> >
> > Thanks a lot,
> > Marco Bevilacqua
>
>      Salve.
>
>      I have been lurking on the gcc-help mailing list for a few
> years
> and observed this list talks only of C and C++ languages and
> implementations.
>
>      I asked a question about Gnat (this was the reason why I took
> an
> account on this list) but I never got any answer. I think Gnat people
> do
> not read this list. In case you find a place where Gnat authors or
> experts answer your questions, would you be kind enough to tell me.

There certainly are some expert Gnat people reading this list, but not
as many as C or C++ users.

I think the issue with this question is that gcc4.4 and therefore
libgnat-4.4.so, are at least ten years old, and so far out of support
that nobody remembers much about them.

So the first line of attack for this question should be to use a
supported version of gcc/gnat/libgnat.

If this is not possible for some reason, e.g. you are stuck with an
obsolete OS due to company or project constraints, then look at support
for that OS.

-- Brian