Regarding the Linking issue in GCC for Lib.

Hi All,

A very Good Morning to all of you.

I need some help regarding my gcc linking issue.

Scenario & Prerequisite:
Linux Version RHEL 7
Gcc Version : 4.8.2

I am getting linking issue while compiling with the new compiler 4.8.2. I have a file MibBase.cpp  which is of huge size(approx. 888KB). The MibBase.o file is created but with file format error.

While I am giving “nm” command on MibBase.o I am getting “nm: MibBase.o: File format not recognized” error.

Strange thing that with the old compiler there is no issue with the same file. Its compiled and linked properly.

I tried almost all the possibilities but there is no luck.

Can anyone help me on this.

Regards,
Banaja