Global auto target_clones in GCC6

Hello,

I recently found out about the really nice feature of target_clones fur
function multi-versioning. As the software I am wanting to use it for is
really big I wanted to know if there is a way to ask GCC to use
apropriate target_clones attributes to functions where it would be
benefitial.

I.e. I set a global attribute (or option), get a single executable and if I
run it on a machine with AVX2 it uses functions across the application
which support it, otherwise it uses the normal ones.

Is there suchs functionality? Or is it maybe something that is planned in
the future?

Greetings,

Oliver Becker