Re: I try compile GCC 7.2.0 68k Version. Get errors "attempt to use poisened". GCC 4.5.0 and older compile with that files. how can this change to work ?

On 09/06/2017 09:42 AM, Bernd R wrote:
> Hello
>
> In the past i do the GCC 4.3 and 4.5 Ports too, get out of GCC 3.4
> files with some changes to work in newer GCC core. m68k-amigaos
> Target  is in gcc main source configure but some files are miss. 3.4
> Port is done from Gunther Nikl. Gunther or earlier developers add
> many special non GCC standard features, so i assume the amiga files
> are not add offical because of not clean code. I do 4.3 and above
> ports not with Gunther's special feature and some amiga developers
> change their programs to use this new standard GCC.
>
> I download source from gcc page and add the platform specific files
> from old GCC 4.5 to make a newer version. now the 4.5 is old and a
> new compiler for 68k-amigaos is usefull.
>
> Is it not possible to change only the Macro FUNCTION_ARG to
>
> #define FUNCTION_ARG targetm.calls.function_arg
>
> or is syntax complete diffrent ?. question is also since which GCC
> version this macros do not work ?.
The syntax may or my not be different.  It depends on the specifics of
each hook.  The good news is that if there were API changes in how the
hooks are called or return a value, the host compiler will point them
out as argument/return value mismatches.

I would expect most of the hook overrides are in place in m68k.c and
that your primary task is converting your amigaos.h to use new
convention to call the hooks.

jeff