Libraries: libusb question

My question concerns usblib. Can't seem to figure out how to install and use
it with my system and I need usb functions.

I'm using CodeBlocks (IDE) and installed it with
"codeblocks-16.01mingw-setup.exe" so it came with this gcc compiler.  I'm
using C and C++.  The installation installed properly and I can write,
compile and execute programs with what came with it.  However, I need a
library (usblib) that isn't included and can't seem to figure out how to get
it installed and working.

I need some specific, detailed instructions.  And if possible, I'd like to
be able to do this, without having to install Cygwin.  And when I say
detailed, I mean detailed.  I'm kind of a bonehead when it comes to tool
chains.

And my system is a Windows based system, using Windows 7, 64 bit version.

1) Simple solution would be if there is a libusb library, that is already
compiled for windows 7, 64bit, that I can just add the libusb.a library to
my system, with the proper usblib.h file. Does one exist?

2) I've downloaded
  a) libusb-1.0.9 (2012-04-20)
  b) libusb-compat-0.1.4 (2012-04-24)

from libusb.org, but the first doesn't include the compiled library
(libusb.a) and the 2nd does include multiple libraries and multiple header
files but I can't find any combination that works.  So, I obviously must not
understand something about this.  Is one of these two, what I should be
using?  Which one, for my system?

3) Will I need a 64 bit version of libusb, for my system?

4) What is the step by step operation to get libusb, onto my windows 7, 64
bit system, using codeblocks and the mingw-setup?  Assume I know nothing and
you'll be very close to my experience level with tool-chains. ;)

I do sort of understand the basics but getting wrapped around the axel on
something.  I do know that I have to put a library in one of my folders, and
add it to my IDE (for my project). And I know I have to point the linker to
my library.  But when I do all this, I still get errors, as if I have the
wrong header or wrong library/header mismatch.  Need some specific help,
with specific packages to use, and such.

Thanks,
Mike