Re: "-march=native" possibly being misled on Debian i386?

>> Any advice, insight, corrections, words of wisdom, etc?
>
> I think it's better to use configuration script (maybe generated
> by GNU autoconf) to get the architecture from several tests.

Also see 3.7.3 System-specific Predefined Macros
(https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/cpp/System-specific-Predefined-Macros.html#System-specific-Predefined-Macros)
in the manual. As I understand it, GCC recommends _not_ depending on
them.

We are kind of in the same position as TD. We don't use Autotools (or
other configuration tools). Rather, we rely on the target information
provided by GCC. 32-bit Intel is a pain point when trying to determine
when MMX, SSE and SSE2 is available.

Jeff