Re: Can not follow FAQ about suffix error

On 28 April 2017 at 13:17, Ray Sheppard wrote:
> Hi again,
>  Please remember that I had already built all the prerequisites and
> explicitly told configure the path to each of them.  To be honest, that the
> package would lose its mind and not know where the libraries were never
> crossed my mind until it was pointed out.

GCC knows exactly where they are, but the runtime linker in
/lib64/ld-linux.so needs to know too.

Even if GCC set LD_LIBRARY_PATH while building itself you'd have had
exactly the same problem after installing GCC when you tried to run
the binaries. That's how shared libs work: if you install them in
non-standard locations it's your job to ensure they can be found at
runtime.

In this case the solution is to not install them in non-standard locations.