Re: building GCC without documentation?

On 2017-04-14 00:36 +0200, Toebs Douglass wrote:

> I've found earlier versions of GCC fail with modern texinfo, but they
> build fine with texinfo missing, so I've been using apt-get to
> install/remove texinfo, as appropriate to the version of GCC I'm building.

That's true.  When I was building GCC 4.7 (for MATLAB) I've ran into
this issue.

> I've noticed there is an "all-gcc" make target for GCC, but I can't find
> any documentation for this.
>
> I'm wondering if there are other, undocumented, make targets (perhaps
> "all-gcc"?) which will produce everything I need to compile and link,
> but not documentation.

No.  "make all-gcc" also build documentation for GCC.

I suggest to modify the texi files for modern texinfo.  Or you can
overwrite them with new version ones if you don't care about the
docs.
--
Xi Ruoyao <ryxi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>