Which representation is best for analyzing dependencies of data and function?

Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out how to analyze dependencies of data and
functions by gcc.
First, I need to choose a representation to analyze.
There are several choices, such as, AST, GIMPLE, CFG, RTL.
I was wondering which should I choose for studying the dependencies of
data and functions?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
YL