Re: Turning off verbose dump

On 25 January 2017 at 06:56, L A Walsh wrote:
> I am trying to debug a prog but keep having my output flushed off the screen
> by an unwanted memory map dump.
>
> Shouldn't that only be dumped by request?
>
> How do I turn it off?

What kind of memory map dump? What OS are you using? Does the program
exit with an error?

At a guess, you've got some heap corruption that malloc is detecting
when you try to free and invalid pointer, and it aborts the program
and dumps some info. If that's the case you need to fix your code. Try
using valgrind or ASan to find the problem.

In the meantime, can't you just use a pager to stop the output scrolling away?