Re: download gcc

On 4 November 2016 at 10:07, Bob Wilkinson <bob.wilkinson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 03, 2016 at 06:51:43PM +0100, Jutta Ingeborg Kuehnel wrote:
>> Ladies and Gentlemen, I am a very beginner in programming and  I am searching the proper link to download the gcc compiler being use in C++ with x-code. Can you help me, please. thank you very much and with best regards
>> Jutta Kühnel
>
> Hi Jutta
>
> I would start looking here -> https://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/
>
> Bob

A more useful link would be: https://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html

The GCC project does not provide downloadable binaries. Since Jutta
mentioned x-code I assume the question relates to Mac OS X, so using
Homebrew to install GCC is probably the easiest solution.

However, by default, XCode doesn't even use GCC, it uses the LLVM compiler.